Inductor Design Software
You can easily design inductors using this application. We can enter micro Henry, Ohms, Amperes, Core shape, Winding type, Frequency, Voltage, temperature and more settings.
The user will have the opportunity to select from five different inductor applications:
1) Design of DC output inductors Differential mode inductors
2) Design of controlled swing inductors where the inductance does not exceed a maximum value at reduced current.
3) Design of wide swing inductors utilizing a composite core of ferrite and iron powder.
4) Design of a power factor boost or buck inductor, commonly referred to as a PFC choke.
5) Design of 60 Hz dimmer inductor
6) Design of a Resonant Converter Inductor
The program accepts user defined design requirements in terms of required inductance, dc resistance, dc bias current and applied ac voltage. The user has the option of specifying core geometry (i.e. Toroid, E-Core or Ferrite/Iron Powder Composite), specific core materials or all materials, metric units or English units, maximum window fill factor, temperature rise, ambient temperature, etc.
This program will automatically calculate the smallest core size possible and will display;
1) Micrometals Part Number
2) Approximate unit price
3) Core AL Value
4) Required Number of Turns
5) Wire Size
6) Percent Window Fill
7) DC Winding Resistance
8) B ac
9) Percent Initial Permeability
10) Core Loss
11) Copper Loss
12) Temperature Rise.
In addition, new features allow the user to analyze specific designs as well as check the core’s operating temperature vs. time for thermal aging analysis of designs.
The software allows the design engineer to quickly work up multiple design solutions based on user specified electrical requirements which all can easily printed for hard copies. Designs can also be saved to a file by using the ‘F’ key.
The design program is automatically set to default to an ambient temperature of 25°C in free standing air with maximum temperature rise of 40°C.
Please send your ideas, which are very important for our success…