WinPic PIC Programmer Software Download
This is a simple program for Win95/98/XP to program the PIC firmware from a HEX-file (the type generated by Microchip’s MPLABTM) into a PIC microcontroller. Most modern PICs (like the PIC16F84, 16F628, 12F675, dsPIC30Fxxxx) can be reprogrammed many times, because the program can be erased electrically (the code is stored in a FLASH, not a simple ROM). Some of the “very simple” programmer interfaces can be used, a few of them are described in the manual.
- serial interface: compatible to the “COM84”, “JDM”, and user-defined
Most interfaces for the COM-port should work without a special port-access driver, and may even work with USB<->RS-232 adapters now !
- parallel interface: compatible with SM6LKM’s “PIP84”-interface
- many other interfaces can be driven with a simple interface definition file (see manual)
- exotic interfaces can be supported through a specialized hardware-interface DLL (plugin)
- possibility to verify the PIC at different voltages (almost “production grade”)
- requires a PC with WIN95, Win98, Win XP (Win NT 4.0 and Win2000 not tested)
- Code memory size now up to 8192 words, data EEPROM memory up to 256 byte.
- Code and data memory may be programmed separately
- Bulk erase (“erase all”) or individual programming of all bytes present in from HEX-file
- Built-in “hex editor” for quick patches in code or data EEPROM memory
- Invocation with command line arguments is possible, so you can run WinPic from a shell
- Extra window with “Reload & program” function (always in front of others)
- WinPic now also supports JDM PIC-programmer 2, Velleman K8048, the Hoodmicro, the Willem interface, El Cheapo, and many others. The only(?) interfaces which WinPic doesn’t support are Microchip’s “PicStart plus” (far too expensive) and “PicKit2” .
- Thanks to various collaborators, a French, Greek, Portugese, Spanish, and Turkish translation of WinPic’s user interface is available. All languages are now contained in the installer (no need to download anything separately)
- Besides SMPORT, the PortTalk driver can be used. It proved to be faster under WinXP, especially when programming larger PICs (dsPIC and PIC18F).
Supported PIC microcontrollers
- dsPIC30F2010 (theoretically ALL dsPIC30F devices supported, a few tested)
- PIC16C61, PIC16C71
- PIC16C84, PIC16F84
- PIC16C710, PIC16C711, PIC16C715
- PIC10F200, PIC10F202, PIC10F204, PIC10F206
- PIC12F629, PIC12F635, PIC12F675, PIC12F683
- PIC12F609, PIC16F610, PIC12F615, PIC16F616 (new since 2007-06)
- PIC16F627, PIC16F627A, PIC16F628, PIC16F628A
- PIC16F630, PIC16F636, PIC16F648A
- PIC16F676, PIC16F684, PIC16F688
- PIC16F73, PIC16F737, PIC16F74, PIC16F76, PIC16F77
- PIC16F818, PIC16F819
- PIC16F87, PIC16F88
- PIC18F242, PIC18F248, PIC18F252, PIC18F258
- PIC18F442, PIC18F448, PIC18F452, PIC18F458
- PIC18F2XX0/2XX5/4XX0/4XX5 (tested: PIC18F2550)
- and other “quite compatible” devices, if you have the datasheet and a text editor !
Help file including with this software.
Please send your ideas, which are very important for our success…