Tube Amplifier Power Supply Unit Designer Software
PSU Designer II is designed to help you with the design of simple linear (unregulated) mains power supplies, as often found in tube amplifiers.
- Rectifier types: Solid state, Vacuum tube types 5AR4, 5R4-G/GY/GYA/GYB, 5U4-G/GA/GB, 5V3-A, 5V4-G/GA, 5Y3-G/GA/GT, 5Z3, 6AU4-GT, 6AX4-GT/GTA/GTB, 6CA4, 6D22S, 6DE4, 6X4, 6X5/GT, 6W4-GT, 83, EZ80, EZ81, GZ33, GZ34, GZ37.
- Rectifier configurations: Half-wave, Full-wave, Full-wave bridge, Voltage Doubler.
- Filter configurations: Simple C filter, C/R/C, C/L/C and LC (swinging choke). ESR in capacitors can be catered for, as can winding resistance in chokes. Chain as many filters together as you like.
- Outputs: Graphic representation of voltages and currents present in the power supply.
- Tools/Utilities: Transformer off-load voltage calculator, transformer source impedance calculator.
- Other features: Online context sensitive help. Ability to add extra rectifier types.
Operating system: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000 or Windows NT, XP, VISTA.
Source: 1998-2003 Duncan Amplification,
Please send your ideas, which are very important for our success…